Best and Worst Parts

Friday, July 16, 2010

I love the children. But the class material is interesting too and I am always

learning something. It keeps me in touch with the Spanish-speaking community

and allows me to maintain my mastery of the language. Parents are great

sources of information and I love learning from them. But the work load is heavy

and, with correcting and planning, the after-school hours are surprisingly long.

Tips

Take a classroom management course. Become certified in English as a second

language. Collaborate with other teachers in the school. Learning from

experienced teachers can help you tremendously. Engage the parents in the

learning process. They love the classroom and will lend their support to your

efforts.

Additional Information

You need to be patient and caring but firm and outspoken in your objectives. A

teacher has to establish clear expectations for her students in order to persuade

them to succeed. They should not be forced to guess what you want from them.

Still, you need to temper your firmness with a generosity of spirit that your kids will

respond to.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
 

foter ads